Margaritaville Resort Orlando is now officially a member of the Disney Good Neighbor Hotel Program. What does this mean? It means you can stay off property (save a little money) but still get some great perks through Disney World!
Looking for a great Disney community on Facebook? Come join us! If you’d prefer to get your Disney news straight to your inbox once a month, subscribe to my newsletter (I promise not to sell your email address). If you’re ready to book your next Disney Vacation, you can get a quote today!
More about Margaritaville
This resort has everything! If you plan a Disney Vacation with a stay at Margaritaville, I highly suggest adding a day or two to hang at the resort. There are 4 onsite restaurants, lagoon-style pools, a spa, kids club, Sunset Walk (shopping, dining and entertainment district), and a water park (additional ticket required).
What Makes a Hotel a Disney Good Neighbor Hotel?
Walt Disney World Good Neighbor Hotels are highly ranked hotels. They are AAA approved, meet Disney’s standards for quality and service, have a Disney Guest Services desk in the lobby, and are close to the parks.
Pros and Cons of Staying at a Good Neighbor Hotel
- the rooms are usually less expensive than similar rooms at Disney World resorts
- You can still book FastPass+ selections 60 days before check in
- Some offer a Quick Service Dining Card to save a little money on meals in the parks
- You cannot add a Disney Dining Plan to your vacation package
- Not all Good Neighbor Hotels have free transportation to the Disney parks
- You leave the magic when you leave the parks
I’m not a big fan of staying off property. I love the continuation of Disney magic from the parks to the hotels. But I also know that sometimes your budget doesn’t allow for a Disney Resort stay. Disney Good Neighbor Hotels are definitely your next best bet!
Looking for more information to help you plan your next Disney Vacation? I’ve got you covered!